Sunday, August 9, 2009

A little prim makeover.....


Back in June, I headed up north and a week later Dear Hubby and I went to Texas. I had posted all the goodies that we had bought at the many antique malls along the way. Thought I would show what I did with them.


First is a picture of what the cabinet looked like before. I didn't take a before picture but I did have one from Christmas of the cabinet.




And this is after.....


I painted the beadboard red so the coffee pots would "pop". I have plenty of Clorox bottles up there now. As you can see, I need one more coffee pot. I have found a bunch on ebay but Dear Hubby and I are going junkin' next weekend. Like I said before, the hunt is half the fun. I love the enamel pans and the flour sifters. One of them was my Sweet Granny's that I still use. I still have to paint the base cabinet. That's an all day project because it still needs scraping. I don't seem to have a whole day to take it on yet. I know, excuses, excuses.

Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love it, great idea to use the deep red it does make everything stand out more. The clorox bottles are neat aren't they? I've only found one at a yard sale for $1.00 and have it above my kitchen cabinets. Have a great Sunday!
Rondell

Anonymous said...

Fantastic red background..makes your treasures show up so much more!

Teresa said...

It looks great! I love the look of the beadboard behing the shelves. I am trying to convince my hubby that we should do something like that in our dining room - only in yellow and white. I thought that would look nice with blue & white and Red & white dishes - hmmm, you do know I like lots of color!

Carrie P. said...

What a great idea to paint the backing.
I agree the hunt is half the fun when it comes looking for the antiques that you want.

Wendy said...

The red really makes the pots shine. I love looking for treasures.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to be doing projects like this today. I have to go get the red paint first. Thanks for inspiring me. It all looks so good and warm.

LBP said...

I really love the red background! What a huge difference it makes.

Blessings

Linda

paulette said...

WOW! Very nice!!! I love the white and red! And the cabinet is lovely! Well done! So what do you do if you spot another white and red enamel pot...for say - 50 cents....are you going to say no or will you buy it? This is a test question....
Paulette