Monday, August 3, 2009

And on to August.....



I didn't win Kelly's challenge drawing but I still feel like a winner by how much I accomplished!



My first pick this month is to finally finish the Hidden Stars quilt that I tried to finish last month. That pieced border has quite a way to go.




And the second MUST DO is to quilt this cute little log cabin quilt.


If you click on the picture, you will see that it is already pinned and ready for quilting. This has been pinned since January! I've had it draped over the railing on our upstairs landing since I took down the Christmas decorations!! How pathetic is that? I already have the binding fabric (Gee, I hope I can find it or that I didn't use it for something else!)


After last month's big challenge to myself to finish an entire quilt from scratch, this will seem like a cake walk. I say that now. Stay tuned for August 31st as I post again near midnight!

Blessings, Cathi

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well then...It appears as though we are two peas in a pod! I've got a small quilt that I basted thinking I would hand quilt it. It too has been sitting and waiting for quilting. It just isn't going to happen any time soon! So I think I'm going to rip out all the basting and toss it on my machine...done is done! Then...I just might use it for my PIF! It lays there haunting me!

Darlene said...

Love both quilts and would love to see your log cabin quilt all spread out. You can do it - yes you can!!!

CJ said...

Pinned since January?? Come on you can do it! Pinning is the hardest part and that is behind ya.
Beautiful quilts. Just think, as of 12:01 on September 1st you'll be using these quilts!

Micki said...

Beautiful quilts and you have been very busy.
Micki

Wendy said...

I'm here cheering you on...you can do it!!! Just like Darlene. I love your choices to finish.

Michelle said...

Wow, I love your hidden stars quilt. I can't wait to see it completed.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Good luck in finishing your star quilt (I made a wallhanging size one in greens that's not quilted yet) and your log cabin quilt.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

I love the Hidden Star quilt - can't wait to see the finish! And, the log cabin is lovely too. Sew, sew, sew. You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the win!!!
___________________
Melvin
Get your company name famous across the world with online marketing