Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A quilting I will go.............


This weekend is the annual Quilters of South Carolina Pieceable Retreat. Every year, sometime in the fall, the state quilt guild for the great state of South Carolina holds a retreat at White Oak Baptist Convention Center near Winnsboro. I say "near" Winnsboro because the convention center is located past the 8th cow field on the right somewhere off the interstate. Sure, that is my description but few people that go there will argue with that. Cell service is iffy at best. But on the plus side, we stay in motel-style rooms with no phones, no tv, no internet. There are rocking chairs on big porches overlooking meadows. Coffee is ready in the dining hall very early in the morning. And because it is being held later in the year this time, the leaves should be getting close to fall perfection. You would think nothing could be better than that. Oh, but it does get better. There are also three days of quilting classes, a rowdy show and tell and program on Friday and Saturday nights, and vendors. Usually 7 vendors trapped in the middle of the country with 280 anxious quilters just itching to spend money. Too bad it's only once a year.


So if you live in South Carolina or belong to a guild in South Carolina, seriously think about clicking on the link above or leave a comment for me. We are a great bunch of people!
This Saturday is also Rudy Day (see my other blog A Quilters Christmas) so I will be working on a Christmas wallhanging. I'm not taking a class this time. Actually one of the classes is BYOP (Bring Your Own Project). Although we have some wonderful classes and excellent teachers, I really want to finish some UFO's that have been hanging around WAY too long. Hope I can post pictures when I get back on Sunday!
Blessings, Cathi

No comments: