Thursday, June 10, 2010

How does your garden grow - Part 2 . . . . .

While the house is a disaster zone, I've been trying to keep my mind on other things like gardening.  Here are some pictures I took this week. 

The herb bed . . . much farther along than just three weeks ago.

A couple of tomato plants . . . almost as tall as I am!

Our first crop of zuchinni, squash, cukes and banana peppers.  I threw in some purple basil to carry in the house. We cut the zuchinni and squash into medallions, covered in olive oil, salt and pepper and threw them on the grill  Delish!!

Our first watermelon about the size of a golf ball.  Yes, that's purple basil you see on the left.  I think they like each other.

An Easter lily from last year.  Stuck in in the ground after church last year and forgot about it.  I didn't think potted plants took to the outdoors very well.  This one sure did.  Complete surprise this year. 

The other daylilies that I showed in the first garden post are just starting to pop open.  I'll wait until they are all open before I take pictures of them.

Hope your garden is doing as well as mine.  We have had an unusual amount of rain this year.  Not so much the last week so I guess it's back to hand watering like other years.  Next year's goal . . . .   drip irrigation!!

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

paulette said...

What a beautiful garden...looks like you have a green thumb!! Paulette

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Everything is coming along very nicely !
Love the herb garden, so convenient to have beside your kitchen window..

Teresa said...

I am impressed! The grilled veggies do sound yummy and your pictures are so pretty.

Anonymous said...

Shoot...wished I were a wee closer to reap some of the rewards of the garden. Yummo!!

Anonymous said...

Shoot...wished I were a wee closer to reap some of the rewards of the garden. Yummo!!

Wendy said...

Your garden is doing very well, yummo on the grilled veggies.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Great garden!!! Love the watermelon. How very cool.