Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Sneak Peak .....


Here's a sneak peak at how much I have gotten finished on my Charming Girls challenge.


The top is finished and the applique is part way finished. I want to applique "Ho Ho Ho" next to Santa's face but I'm not sure I want to turn under those little letters. I might just "wonder under" those suckers down and machine applique.


Dear Hubby, the Wild One and Computer Geek are all going away this weekend! Did I sound excited? I didn't mean to *snicker, snicker*. So I hope to get the Hidden Stars top pieced. That will just give me until Friday to get the applique finished on the Christmas quilt to meet Kelly's challenge. I know I can do it!!

Blessings, Cathi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a quiet house all to yourself! I, for one love home alone time! I'll look forward to seeing some applique then. :-)

Teresa said...

Show me more!

Libby said...

You can always avoid turning the letters by using wool *s*

Carrie P. said...

Well, you should get a lot done this weekend. Have fun.

Darlene said...

Well look at you making wonderful progress! Applause, applause!!!!

Gayle said...

Instead of appliqueing the letters, why don't you try stitching them? I think that would be really cute, and lots easier. I personally don't like fusible.

Judy said...

I was gonna suggest wool or doing the starch pre-turning thing. I've done both with good success. As long as the wool is pre-washed it won't shrink much later.

I love how it looks!