Monday, January 4, 2010

Getting ahead on my Christmas quilting.....

.....for next year, that is.  I wanted to make a few things before I put all the decorations away.  It is easier to tell what I need while it's still out.  I know a lot of people have had their Christmas away for a while but since I am not working currently, I can take my time.  Besides, my house looks the best at Christmas.  But I digress......

I made this cute little number yesterday afternoon and finished this evening.



It's made on a muslin base with wool pennies.


 
 
I sure wish pictures showed up well without the big flash but that only works with the big, fancy cameras.   This little display looks cute in the dark!




Oh, and by the way........I won one of this month's gift certificates in the Charming Girls Quilt Club drawing!!!
 
Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the penny skirt what a great idea for next year:)

Rondell

Lynn said...

Cute! Love the little pennies and on muslin! If I finish Christmas ufo's does that put me ahead for next year?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win!!! Woo Hoo!!! Your pennies are adorable too!

Libby said...

What a darling little skirt. Clever girl to get it done so early *s*

Wendy said...

What a good idea, I love the little tree skirt. The quilt behind is gorgeous as well. Congrats on winning, what will you get with the gift cert?

Micki said...

The penny skirt is so pretty! It really looks so cute!
Micki

Simple Home said...

I'm very impressed that you're getting a jump on next Christmas. It looks cute.
Blessings,
Marcia

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I just discovered you from LeAnn's "The Old Parsonage" blog... I see you are friends with Mary's "Neat & Tidy" blog... and then the countless prim blogs. It thrills me to see the blog world come full circle like that!! You know what I mean?!? Blog friends are the best! Haha!

Anyway, although I don't understand all the quilt lingo, I love your blog! I so adore the muslin with wool pennies. That little display is way too cute!

Looking forward to following you and seeing more of your great ideas! Have a grand weekend, my new blog friend~