Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Fever and other ailments.....


It happens every year about this time. The weather turns nice for a day or two and Dear Hubby and I think that we can get the entire acre cleaned up from months of winter wear and tear. So out we go in our 50-year old bodies, ready to take on the world. 10 long hours later, we drag our poor pitiful bodies into the house covered in sweat and dirt. Then all day Sunday we lay around wondering why we ever try to do that. This year was no different with the exception that I realized early on that this wasn't as fun as it used to be. At least I realized it early this year. Usually it takes me until mid-May to figure it out.


We had been talking about moving the blueberry bushes to give them more room and make them more accessible for 2 years now. This is the new spot.


Dear Hubby building the new box. We have to have raised beds with all our heavy, red clay.


And this is what it looks like after we dug up 3 massive blueberry plants. We wound up with 11 plants. Here's hoping they all make it. They all had a good root growth.


This is the old blueberry box yesterday.




And this is what it looks like today......very empty. It gets a good bit of shade now since my neighbors tree have grown a lot since we first put the blueberries there. I'm sure I can think of something to put there!

Blessings, Cathi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post just now....is reading about me and my hubby. I'm paying for what little weeding I did out there yesterday.

Teresa said...

Hey..when you finish your yard I have a flower bed that needs some serious attention!

Libby said...

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one this happens to. I'm forever thinking I can redo the garden, make a quilt from start to finish or reorganize all the closets . . . in just one afternoon *s* At least you can call me an optimist!

Unknown said...

Great you are already venturing out to the garden. I am sure your hard work will pay off.