Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bonnie - I like you anyway.....


I'll get to the title in a minute. Despite all the aggravation from this past weekend, I pushed through the pain yesterday and today and did some more yardwork after I got home from work. So not much sewing going on.


Now on to the title....Here are all the pieces cut for step one of Bonnie Hunter's Double Delight mystery quilt. Okay, I know what it looks like finished and I LOVE it so I'll skip the mystery reference. Anyway, 120 center squares, 120 red plaid triangles and 360 green plaid triangles. Whew!


And here are all 120 squares with just one side sewn on! Only 360 more seams to go! At the end of the directions of step one, Bonnie wrote "please, don't hate me". Well, Bonnie, I don't hate you but ...... And for those of you that are past step one, yes, I know I have to do the exact same thing for step two. This is going to be a year long project!

For those of you that live in the South, you know we have had glorious weather the last several days. But on Thursday, the weather will be much cooler and the entire weekend will be cold and rainy. Great sewing weather! Maybe I'll get another side finished.

Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Ours will be cooler too Thursday just 38*! Then warms up into the 50's,
Rondell

Teresa said...

Did you finish the Summer Mystery quilt? I must have missed the picture of that one.

I am half way through the second block in the Noah's Ark..too many stitches, too little time.

Hope your day goes great!

Anonymous said...

Love the color choices on this one! Looks like you have all the hard work done.....are you laughing here? It will be worth it in the end! Hang in there...small bits and a time and soon a quilt is born.

Judy said...

I love the fabrics you picked! Yes we enjoyed the lovely high 70's and almost 80's in VA, especially since it was the weekend and hubby could sit all day in the sun on the balcony! Today it rainy and just perfect for stitching!

The Old Parsonage said...

I admire all you gals who sew the wonderful pieces of art. Alas, my sewing machine sits neglected in the attic. Long gone are the days of Halloween costumes with one leg shorter than the other:)

Libby said...

I'm not familiar with the mystery pattern you are working on . . . but boy do I LOVE your fabric choices!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

How fun to meet Pam and get to shop too:) I bet her store is just wonderful!
Have a great weekend.
Rondell

Anonymous said...

Ok....I was thinking....how is this one coming along that you've started something new? Tee Hee Just razzing you...I'm NOT one to talk!