Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Over the hill?? Yeah, that's me.....


Today is my birthday. I am 50. I wanted to get that little tidbit of information out of the way. So far so good. I overslept, couldn't get the car defrosted fast enough, got in a shouting match with a tow truck driver (he couldn't hear me but I really let him have it) and got to work 30 minutes late.

And this is what I found when I got to the office.




I work in an engineering office with mostly boys (yes, boys.....not men). They are all anal retentive, turn the air conditioning down to 20 degrees in the summer, and with the exception of 1 or 2 are all young enough to be my children, but I love them. Today they are taking me to lunch. Whoohoo! Think I may be brave enough to sneak in a margarita. What are they going to do, argue with an old women?

We had a birthday party at the house on Sunday. Dear Kids decorated the living room and gave me a really nice watch.


And we finally remembered to take a family picture. Dear SIL is taking the picture.


My gift from Dear Hubby is a long weekend at Green Park Inn in the North Carolina mountains.....Blowing Rock to be specific.


I have always wanted to go to Green Park Inn. The Boone/Blowing Rock area of the NC mountains is always our favorite "get away for the weekend" destination. It's only 2-1/2 hours from the house so it's even good for a day trip. Driving into Blowing Rock on highway 321, the inn is one of the first things we see. Just about every time we say we will stay there one day. So Dear Hubby surprised me with a weekend away and even got the "pamper package" which includes dinner, champagne, roses, and a swedish massage for both of us. I've never had a massage. Little did we know that this would be the weekend of the coldest weather this area has seen in 5 years!

Well, Happy Birthday to me and a BIG thank you to all of you that have wished me HB already over the past few days. I didn't handle 40 very well. But with all my friends in blogland and beyond and a great family, 50 will be a piece of cake!



Blessings, Cathi

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!
I've never been there so will be interested to hear how it goes...sounds fun and what a lovely surprise! Yep....it will be freezing here this weekend...drive safe!
Also, what a great group to work for at the office....and lunch too! Woo Hoo!!
Great family photo....was going to say, "Hey! I've seen you before!" LOL

Libby said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great time at lunch . . . heck maybe even a second margarita - let someone else drive you home *s*

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday, Cathi!!

This is my second comment, but I think the first one is not going to show up - I received some kind of duplicate error.

Hope you have a great time at Green Park Inn! Looks like Valentine wanted to be a part of the celebration too!

Diedra said...

Happy Birthday Cathi! May your birthday bring you many happy memories.
Ahorsesoul from MHH

Amy said...

Hope you have a Happy Happy 50th Birthday......

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Happy 50th! It's just a number; enjoy the year!

Pam B said...

Happy happy birthday! Enjoy your special day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - a bit late - hope you had a wonderful weekend - see you next Saturday at QSC board meeting.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! That cake looks YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you have that margarita??

The Old Parsonage said...

Fifty is fabulous!! Congrats and Happy Birthday. Chocolate cake lloks fab!!!