Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.....


Not one of my favorite movies but a very appropriate title. My husband's gift of taking me away for the weekend turned out great but didn't start too great. The Green Park Inn was such a dissappointment. Let me start out by saying that I understand that it is a 100+ year old hotel that should have some "quirkiness". I know that sometimes doors aren't square with the door jambs and that if it is right on the road that we should expect road noise. I was okay with that. But the customer service was miserable. I'll spare you the details unless you want to leave a post and ask about them. Suffice it to say, we checked out the first morning without a shower, without breakfast, without the massage, the champagne, the roses or the dinner for two.

All turned out in the end. We went to another hotel and had a wonderful weekend. As with the rest of 2/3 of the country, it was bitterly cold. Here is a picture of me outside the Candy Barrel near Mast General Store in 8 degree weather.


We spent the weekend shopping, eating, driving around and looking at the frozen things and eating some more!


We had such a good time and the second hotel was so wonderful, we decided to stay an extra night. We woke up in the morning to this.....


This is the pond outside our hotel room door. Little did we know that this same system was headed to our house!

No, we didn't get the massages somewhere else or anything like that. And we did learn to check hotel reviews on-line before venturing out of the box to someplace different. But it turned out to be a wonderful weekend nevertheless. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Blessings, Cathi

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh, but you need to do a post about your experience at the Green Park Inn, LOL..its one for the books!

Libby said...

Bad services excepted - it sounds like you had a great get away. Seeing a frozen waterfall is on my 'someday' list of things to see and do *s*

LBP said...

Sorry your trip didn't start out so good, but sounds like that was remedied pretty quickly.

And a belated Happy Birthday to you!

Blessings

Linda

Anonymous said...

Here are marked it in my favorites "just in case" you had an awesome review....after I post this comment I'll be deleting it! Thanks for the heads up....what was the good one?

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Did anyone explain "WHY" they painted the horse at the front entry.....GREEN???? I like your blog alot...i'll be back......