Friday, May 25, 2012

Starting a new collection . . . . .

I have collected many things over the years.

My biggest collection is my white enamel pots.  This is just some of them.


And brown bottles . . . . . . 


And dogs . . . . .


And kids . . . . . 


And old cheese graters (no picture) . . . .

And fabric (won't fit in one picture). . . . .

And quilt patterns (still won't fit in one picture) . . . . . .

And WOOL! Lots of wool . . . . . 



What I have always wanted to collect is PEWTER.  It was just cost-prohibitive. But two weekends ago, Dear Hubby and I went antiquing and found these two little pieces.


They are a little banged up but the price was right.  I am keeping them in a cabinet that Dear Hubby built for me.


I hope to have a collection some day that will mean he will have to build a new shelving unit for me!

Blessings, Cathi

5 comments:

Carrie P. said...

you have some great collections. hope you are having a good holiday weeekend.

Melanie said...

There's nothing like fresh cut flowers in an enamelware pot.... Have fun...I want to see more snapshots....

Karen said...

I have never known anyone who collected pewter pieces but can understand why you like them.
When I was a kid, we drank water from a white enamel dipper. Why, I don't know. We would just fill it right at the kitchen sink. I think all of us kids drank from the same one.

Dawn Heese said...

I love enamelware also. It is pretty inexpensive to find around here, which makes it nice. I collect washboards but need to stop. Have run out of room.

Jenny Watson said...

Indeed! All of these images are looking fantastic thanks for the sharing and keep it up.

Luxury Italian Villas for Rent