Sunday, August 28, 2011

I ♥ wooden spools . . . . .

I have quite a collection of wooden spools.  I have moved them all around the house over the years but I think I have found a permanent home for them.


Half on the right side bookcase.


And half on the left side.  I wish the light was better on the left side but I would have to wait for the afternoon sun to take that picture without the flash.

I had found two more the other day when I went antiquing with a friend of mine.  The short ones with the ribs.  You can see what else I bought on my Christmas blog.



The tall one on the left my friend happened to have from her late MIL's house.  She said she didn't want it, did I?  Well, yea!  It won't fit on either of the shelves in the pictures above so that may have to stand alone on top of the computer cabinet for now.  

I have 4 lamps made from wooden spools but don't have pictures of them yet ..... or lampshades ... so those will have to wait for another day.

Hope those in the path of Irene are doing okay.  I've been through one before   -   HUGO   -   22 years ago so I know what you are going through.  Sending little prayers your way.


Blessings, Cathi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how I love spools! Several months ago Ty and I stopped in at Goodwill and unexpectedly found a big box of spools! $4 bucks for the box!!

Carrie P. said...

Great collection. I have a few myself. I keep them in my sewing room.

Libby said...

Fab collection . . . . I'm a little green *s*

Ann said...

Cathi, Very nice collection of spools. I like the variety that you've found in your travels. LOVE how your bathroom turned out - thanks for sharing the "DONE" photos! ~Ann

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

I enjoyed looking at your collection. I love the old bobbins and collect them too. I get so excited when I find a shape that I don't already have. Mine are displayed in the laundry room that you have to go through to get to the bathroom (which is decorated in old sewing notions) so it works out pretty good. I love how you used an old sewing machine drawer to display some of them. I bought one at an antique mall a couple months back and it's still sitting round, waiting to be displayed.. now I know what to do! Thanks for the tip. =]