Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wool Batch 2, 3 and 4.....

I spent Sunday afternoon and Monday evening dying three more color batches.  I'm so in love with this! And I am getting much faster at it.  The first batch took just about all day Saturday but I was in a learning curve. 




This is called Sky Blue in the recipe book but I think I am changing the name to Confederate Blue .... a nice Southern name.  LOL



This was supposed to be a little more on the brown side but it looks a little green in person.




This is supposed to be green.  Good thing 'cause it came out green! A celery green but a green nonetheless.


There are a zillion more colors I want to try.  They won't all be this muted......I'll have to throw some brights in there, too.  I have a feeling that the experimenting will be half the fun!

If I don't "talk" to you all again in the next few days, have a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Even with all the doom and gloom in the world, there is still a lot to be thankful for.

Blessings, Cathi

8 comments:

paulette said...

Hi Cathi!
I'm loving this!! What colour is the wool to start with and what dye are you using?....gorgeous colours so far! Well done!
Take care!
Paulette

Terry said...

Yes, there is a lot to be thankful for! Love the wools too! I want to start working with wools but I haven't a clue how to even start!

Anonymous said...

:-) looking good...I know where to go when I need to make a purchase!!

Karen said...

I have not dyed wools but looks like you are getting the hang of doing it!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, yummy!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohh Cathi

Love it! Did I say I love it?!

Yep, Love it!

Enjoy your family!
Leann

Simple Home said...

Oh Cathi, they turned out so beautiful. You're becoming an expert. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving too.
Blessings,
Marcia

Teresa said...

The fabrics look great - I love the muted colors.