Friday, October 16, 2009

Charming Girl finish for this month.....

I had planned on posting this picture on Tuesday but I noticed after I downloaded the pictures that there was a smudge on the camera lense.  So I thought I would wait and take another picture.  But it has rained here everyday.  Lord knows we needed it so I'm not complaining.



This top was pieced about 8 years ago!  How embarrassing!  But it is finished now and I am KEEPING it!  Well, finished except for a label.  No label because no name.  It'll hit me when I least expect it.  I just have to be patient.

I did buy the backing for the HoHoHo quilt this past weekend at Pieceable Retreat.  One vendor had some bolts at $3.50 a yard!  Can't even get that price at MaryJo's! This weekend is our annual birthday party for 4 of the 5 kids.  Next weekend, Dear Hubby and I are planning a weekend getaway to Boone, NC. So I won't get to that quilt for another two weeks.  Don't think I will get that one done.  But hey, the month isn't over yet!



On a side note.......GO PHILLIES!




Blessings, Cathi

9 comments:

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your quilt is just so soft and beautiful. Enjoy your finish, and your birthday celebrations!

The Old Parsonage said...

Mmm... I could sure use a quilt to snuggle under today. High in the mid 40's and rainy! Have fun in NC!

Go Phil's!!!!

Leann

Teresa said...

So I guess that means you didn't go for the "Teresa's Quilt" naming idea, huh? Its a great looking quilt!

Anonymous said...

It's a keeper! Woo Hoo!!! Lot of birthday action over at your place...enjoy! Boone...hadn't been there yet and hear it is wonderful little place.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love the quilt...looks like it would go with any color scheme.
I hope you have a wonderful time at Boone hope you show pics!
Rondell

joan said...

Lovely quilt! The colors are superb!
Happy Quilting:)

Micki said...

Your quilt is lovely. I love the subtle colours!
Micki

Wendy said...

Good choice for keeping the quilt, I love the pinks and greens.

Carrie P. said...

Lovely quilt.
We came home through Boone yesterday. We wanted to see the viaduct in all its fall splendor but peek for the leaves must have last weekend so it wasn't that great.
We stopped in Blowing Rock first and at the Knights restaurant.
Have fun.