Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Pilgrimage.....


Sounds like an episode from "The Waltons", doesn't it?

Next Wednesday, I am making a trip up north. I will be traveling from the greater Charlotte area up I-77 to I-81 through the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. Then on to Philadelphia, up I-95 and wind up in Staten Island. Yea, I know. Staten Island is not known as a mecca for vacationers, but that's where I will be going.



So my question for all of you is..... Could someone tell me where there are any quilt shops or prim shops along that route? I don't want to go too far off the interstate. I just need the name of the shop and the town. If you have a website, that would be great!

After a few days there, I am going back to the suburbs of Philadelphia to visit my dearest and longest, very best friend in the whole world. She lives in the tiny hamlet of Lederach in Montgomery County. (We both grew up not too far away in Lansdale). I am sure she knows where all the prim and quilt shops are in her area, not that she would ever set foot in a quilt shop! But if you know of any in that area anyway, let me know. She may not have found them all!


Blessings, Cathi

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Drive safe, Cathi and I hope you enjoy your pilgrimage. I would caution you to watch out for the natives...but sounds like you are going to be watching for the primatives. Have fun with your friend and I hope all goes well in Staten Island.